Immigration Development Manager
Flor Nichols comes to Hand Up Network with a wealth of knowledge and experience serving the people of East Texas. Flor was born in Guatemala City and graduated with a BA in Business in her native country. After graduating, Flor spent time in a European Diversity and Cultural Studies Program to expand her perspective of cultural diversity. These studies included a cultural immersion in Germany, Portugal and Spain.
Flor moved to the United States and has over 20 years experience working in Non-profit organizations across Northeast Texas. She found her calling while working for the Salesmanship Club of Dallas Youth Camp and Family Centers. Her passion for families, parents, and children in distress, that came from different economic and cultural backgrounds drives her passion and reason for joining the Hand Up Network Team.
Flor has over 25 years of experience working as in interpreter and translator focused on law, medical, and education.
Flor and her husband, James, have 4 daughters and a son.
- Past President of the Hispanic Business Alliance.
- Past President of the Hispanic Business Forum
- Past Board Member Children’s Advocacy Center
- Creator and Committee Chair Bethesda Health Clinic’s Annual “Dia de las Madres” Health Fair.
- Court Appointed Special Advocate (Volunteer)
- Leadership Tyler Alum Class 18
Sign Up to Volunteer